Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Straight from Heaven


This is our very last day of paternity leave...

Then real life begins...life with three boys...am I ready?

Our littlest man has brought such happiness to our household this first week. His big brothers cannot get enough of him, kissing him, praying for him, cuddling him. It is so precious to watch them think of another first and treasure Callen's little fingers and toes as much as I do. Our family has been prepared for this baby; the adjustment has not been too overwhelming. I have taken the night shift with absolute pleasure. What a surprise to find that I look forward to that alone time with Callen each night...I play soft piano music of old hymns or Pachelbel's Canon in D and I read Isaiah out loud to him. He stares at my face and I can't hold back the tears. What a wonder to look into the face of such a pure miracle and realize that miracle is looking back at you, absorbed by you...needing you. This first week has been an absolute joy.

4 comments:

  1. what awesome, sweet, priceless, and surprisingly peaceful moments! :) God is so very good.

    congratulations on such a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a blessing to be able to say the first week was full of joy....even with a lack of sleep! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, this brought tears to my eyes. Those first few weeks can be so difficult, but God has lavished His grace upon you. Actually, I sort of envy you. :) I love the book of Isaiah, old hymns, piano music, Pachelbel (thank you for spelling that correctly),and especially new babies. Sounds like a party to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came across your blog and wanted to say congrats on the baby. I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete