Monday, May 2, 2011

JOY in the Lord

Habakkuk 3:17-19


Though the fig tree does not bud

and there are no grapes on the vine,

though the olive crop fails

and the fields produce no food,

though there are no sheep in the pen

and no cattle in the stalls,

YET I will REJOICE in the LORD.

I will be JOYFUL in God my SAVIOR.

The SOVEREIGN Lord is my STRENGTH;

He makes my feet like the feet of the deer

He enables me to go on the heights.

Adrian Rogers says that he doesn't feel that there's any higher praise in the entire Bible than this prayer in Habakkuk 3. (only a portion of it is above) It's a profound praise - absolutely, totally profound. It's a prayer with praise that is full of rejoicing, a joy that endures no matter what comes. That's how I stay together when the world comes apart. Where do I get JOY? Not in all the things of this world that can fail me. I get my joy in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment