Tuesday, June 16, 2009
So we're making a playroom...
My life has been consumed for the last two weeks with renovating our (creepy, spider-filled, dark) basement into a playroom. Could it be possible? Would we actually like to hang out down there? Could I leave the kids down there with the spiders while I was upstairs?? I guess the answer is, "yes!" We finished!!! We painted the concrete floor Star Gazer Blue (maybe a little bold, nope!) and the walls 3 coats of Champagne Dance...its still in my hair, like highlights gone tragically wrong. We moved the used couch and loveseat in, hooked up the cable down there, added shelving for toys and Voila, a playroom/family room is born. I love it!! I may be fooling myself but I almost believe it is soundproof...I only hear muffled yelling, quiet enough to ignore. As I speak, there is not one toy upstairs, not a piece of a toy to trip over or bonk into in the night...they're all downstairs, on their appropriate shelf in their appropriate bin. Wow. So that's what this feels like, calm. ...now onto the laundry room...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Katie, welcome to blogging. I would love to see your playroom. Pictures? We had started to make a playroom in our unfinished basement and then in the winter some water leaked inside and it hasn't been the same since. I should give it another shot. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI love having a "downstairs" where the kids can go play ~ I'm sure it feels great to be utilizing that space ... I bet the boys love it, too!
ReplyDeletei can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteKATIE!!! yay! i'm so glad you're blogging...did you guys get internet? whoo hoo! :) yes, please follow and i will follow you too. :)
ReplyDelete