Yep, there they are. My little cutey pies in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Were we really there just two weeks ago? Wow...are we really back home? I am downing my third full glass of lukewarm water (my body must have been feeling slightly dehydrated, neglected, exhausted, probably all) in but an hour, staring blankly at a carved rock that says, "Paradise" in my windowsill and puzzling the surreal-ness of life on a Sunday evening. Vacation is officially over as all the laundry has now been washed, folded and put away. The sun bleached bathing suits and the eons of white t-shirts are back in their respective drawers...I've emptied the last bit of sand from our suitcases and we've vacuumed out the car. Following on the heels of a wonderfully FAST and jam-packed 9 days of vacationing in Michigan was Scott's 40th surprise party this weekend. I had many, many covert lists going (none in the same or even a predictable spot, however). I had phone calls to make and loose ends to tie up last week as well as re-packing our suitcases for a two day trip to Seattle. Scott was kidnapped by his brothers Friday at 5:45 am on his way to work and taken to Seattle where he had a great time enjoying the emerald city and their mariners. The boys and I followed behind to surprise him Saturday morning at Alki Beach at his birthday party. One of my most favorite moments of the hectic past two weeks occurred in the car as I was preparing to leave for Seattle. My bags were loaded and the boys were fastened in their car seats. I heaved a sigh of relief and shut my door. As I turned on the engine, I heard Jack say, "Um, mama...Benny and I were just wondering, where are we going? What are we doing? Why are my underwear back in that red suitcase?" This was the icebreaker my nerves needed, I laughed and laughed hard and kept laughing and had to turn the car off to catch my breath. In all my secrecy and careful planning I had intentionally kept the boys in the dark, I didn't want them inadvertently telling Scott too much. My good little troopers had piled back into the car for what could have been another round of three day traveling for who knows where. Oh, the simplicity of being a child!!!Sunday, August 16, 2009
Cheeseheads
Yep, there they are. My little cutey pies in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Were we really there just two weeks ago? Wow...are we really back home? I am downing my third full glass of lukewarm water (my body must have been feeling slightly dehydrated, neglected, exhausted, probably all) in but an hour, staring blankly at a carved rock that says, "Paradise" in my windowsill and puzzling the surreal-ness of life on a Sunday evening. Vacation is officially over as all the laundry has now been washed, folded and put away. The sun bleached bathing suits and the eons of white t-shirts are back in their respective drawers...I've emptied the last bit of sand from our suitcases and we've vacuumed out the car. Following on the heels of a wonderfully FAST and jam-packed 9 days of vacationing in Michigan was Scott's 40th surprise party this weekend. I had many, many covert lists going (none in the same or even a predictable spot, however). I had phone calls to make and loose ends to tie up last week as well as re-packing our suitcases for a two day trip to Seattle. Scott was kidnapped by his brothers Friday at 5:45 am on his way to work and taken to Seattle where he had a great time enjoying the emerald city and their mariners. The boys and I followed behind to surprise him Saturday morning at Alki Beach at his birthday party. One of my most favorite moments of the hectic past two weeks occurred in the car as I was preparing to leave for Seattle. My bags were loaded and the boys were fastened in their car seats. I heaved a sigh of relief and shut my door. As I turned on the engine, I heard Jack say, "Um, mama...Benny and I were just wondering, where are we going? What are we doing? Why are my underwear back in that red suitcase?" This was the icebreaker my nerves needed, I laughed and laughed hard and kept laughing and had to turn the car off to catch my breath. In all my secrecy and careful planning I had intentionally kept the boys in the dark, I didn't want them inadvertently telling Scott too much. My good little troopers had piled back into the car for what could have been another round of three day traveling for who knows where. Oh, the simplicity of being a child!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



yay! so glad you're back. Sounds like you've had a busy few weeks! now you just need a vacation from your vacation:)
ReplyDelete