Monday, August 31, 2009

God Redeems

See this flower? This beautiful Stargazer lily? This is Scott and my wedding flower. I planted four bulbs in May in a pot outside our bedroom, planning on being all romantic and stuff. Well, they never bloomed. I read on-line that sometimes you have to wait two seasons before a lily gets comfortable and blooms. Okay, I thought, I will wait, it will be worth it.
Yesterday was our six year anniversary...and yesterday this beautiful flower unfurled its hot pink petals to bloom. We couldn't believe it. What an amazing reminder of God's perfect timing. His deeply personal attention to us, His intimate knowledge and the simplicity of soul-deep blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It's so easy to skip over those things sometimes and not appreciate who they come from. What a blessing to be able to look at something like that and know it's from God and nothing else ~ it's definitely not a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was most definitely a goose-bump story moment! what a beautiful blessing! and happy anniversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete