Tuesday, September 1, 2009

there and back again, we made it!




Posted by Picasa
Thanks to Jenessa, my bike has been warmed up and somehow (I don't know how she did this, but it actually looks fun!). The boys and I had no choice, we had to ride to speech therapy today. We did it! As I pulled out of the driveway, I was wracked with panic, do I ride on the left or the right of the road, sidewalk?? I didn't know the etiquette of bike riding with a trailer. Which direction? I thought I chose well, but I rode the direction I would have if I was walking. This decision posed many obstacles, not the least of which was stopping at an intersection and restarting when it was my turn to go. Cars waited patiently as I got momentum, at Washington and Buckeye there is a slight incline....you may not notice it if you are in a car, but I will never forget it as it slowed my progress crossing the street with several cars behind me. Oh, the humility. At one point, I was really cruising (and thinking, shouldn't I shift gears...no, no, no best to stay right where I am, I could always shift and make it harder and not get back...yep quintessential bike riding skill) when I heard the boys laughing. "Wha-a-at's so f-funny?" I panted. "Mom, we can see your underwear" Jack yelled. Oh, the least of my problems. We survived!!!

2 comments:

  1. that is too funny! i am glad you made it there and back in one piece:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! :) you're a brave soul.

    ReplyDelete