Monday, October 12, 2009
working on something special
I was challenged this weekend to put into practice the gratefulness in my heart. I think grateful thoughts, thoughts full of love and gratitude to God...for a second, and then its time to go change the laundry or pick up spilled apple juice and I get stuck in my day to day living thoughts...I don't always invite God into the everyday moments. Last night, I had an epiphany. I will capture those thoughts (this 'epiphany' may not really be too much of a stretch, so many of you have literally numbered on a weekly basis your gratefulness, your blessings on your blog) in some way to make them stick and to make them translate into every moment of my life. I woke this morning determined to watch for and catch, either verbally or visually, the blessings and joy God has hand delivered to my day. Maybe this is something I should be doing on a daily basis, maybe this is something that should be privately journaled...maybe. I have been unprepared lately for the vulnerability I feel in having a blog, especially because my blog posts have been getting increasingly more personal (and now that I have added music to my blog, it is like opening the window shades to my heart). Maybe this gratefulness posting will transition to private, but for now I am going to establish the discipline....posting provides some accountability. I find I need it. I woke this morning with a praise song playing in my head. I saw my boys differently when they came running at me, all tousled and sleepy-eyed. I thought, 'I want to capture that in black and white, then it would look timeless, I want to keep that snapshot in my memory of my boys almost 5 and 3 and a half, and the way they look at me with big loving eyes, I want to thank God for the privilege of being their mom and being at home.' God's blessings surround me every moment, I don't want to miss them or look past them focused on the unimportant. I am determined to see them and post them. ...more to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love the accountability of posting my thankfulness on my blog-otherwise I probably wouldn't think about it too much-sad to say. I would love to see your thakful list and be on this journey of gratitude with you! {if you choose to post it, that is}
ReplyDeleteThanks for the glimpse into your home and private life;) Because sometimes watching your life through my living room window just isn't enough! Ha!
I think you have great and encouraging things to say on your blog, and a good laugh every now and then! I always look forward to reading it!
Love your music by the way:)
when you stop and think about it, Jesus was one of the most vulnerable people. yet, so full of love and compassion for everyone He encountered. don't we want to share Him in our lives in ways that others can see and that ultimately bring Him glory? i say YES! :)
ReplyDeletekeep sharing sister!
i hope you will continue to share yourself ~ it is a blessing to anyone who reads your blog! :)
ReplyDelete